I’ve always wanted to visit Singapore. Really for two main reasons 1) the mix of cultures blend together for some amazing food and 2) the infinity pool at the Marina Bay Sands Hotel. The stars and the moon aligned and made a trip this year possible. I had already taken a good portion of my vacation time, so I needed to plan judiciously. If I’m taking a quick trip to Asia, I want to fly in a premium cabin which will likely necessitate the use of miles.
First of all, I spent a couple of days of searching for award fares with no luck. Eventually I found Star Alliance Saver Awards that worked out quite well. Unfortunately I’d be trying out only one new airline: Singapore Airlines for a relatively short hop from Singapore to Bangkok. The other four flights would all be on airlines and products I’ve flown before. That being said, I really loved these repeat products and was looking forward to experiencing their service again.
Over the next few weeks, you can look forward to the following detailed posts about my trip.
- Preflight at O’Hare. Why Does T5 Suck?
- EVA Air Royal Laurel Class (Business) ORD-TPE
- EVA Air Infinity Lounge
- EVA Air Royal Laurel Class (Business) TPE-SIN
- M Hotel Singapore
- SO Sofitel Singapore
- Singapore Sling at Raffles
- NOSHtrekker Private Dining Experience
- Let’s Go Singapore Bike Tour
- Hawker Stalls – Casual Dining in Singapore
- Michelin Dining – No Really, They Have a Star!
- Sights and Sounds of Singapore
- Singapore Airlines Business Class SIN-BKK
- Austrian Airlines Business Class BKK-VIE
- Hotel Bristol: A Luxury Collection Property
- A Night in Vienna
- Austrian Airlines Business Class VIE-ORD
- Singapore Weekend By The Numbers: Was it Worth It?
You’ve read my thoughts on the preferred length of trips and I know so many people would think I’m nuts for flying so long for such a short period in Singapore. but remember, life is about the journey, not necessarily the destination (hell at the end of the day, we all end up in the same place, might as well enjoy the ride).
Would you go to Singapore for 2.5 days on the ground? Am I crazy? What has been your craziest trip you’ve planned?
Wow! Glad to hear you visited my country. I can’t wait to read your posts. :)
Spoiler alert: Loved it! Can’t wait to get your feedback on my thoughts on this trip. Cheers!
I absolutely loved Singapore and I definitely think you can enjoy it even in just one day there are some beautiful things to admire!
Such a beautiful city, indeed! So many great places to eat and so few meals in the day….
I look forward to your posts. Danny and I were 77hrs in SG https://tripbytrip.org/2018/02/25/77-hours-in-singapore/