We decided to take a few days and explore Belgium this spring. We’ve been to Brussels for a layover on our way to Spain a few years ago. We had about 8 hours on the ground and we got out of the airport and explored the City for a few hours – eating waffles, drinking beer, wandering the streets, checking out the pissing statues…you know, a normal day in Brussels.
This time, we are getting out of Brussels straight away, but we aren’t totally sold on where we are going. We figure Bruges is high on the list – it’s one of the dozens of cities called the Venice of the North. I’m also contemplating Ypres, which has some amazing WWI memorials.
Can you help me answer the following questions:
- What cities would you visit?
- Where should we dine / which restaurants?
- Which hotels should make our list?
- Do you have any recommendations on bike tours?
- What areas should we skip entirely?
Looking forward to hearing about your trips and recommendations!