Having no real travel in the first quarter of 2018 really started to wear on me. I decided to take a long weekend (Thursday through Sunday) and visit Vienna. I had been to Vienna once before, also for a long weekend and will undoubtedly have more opportunities to visit in the coming years – so I don’t feel obligated to hit it hard and see everything on one trip. The purpose of this trip was to escape from the daily winter work life in Chicago, cash-in some miles and points and get away.
If you follow me on Instagram, Twitter or Vero you’ve seen some of my time in Vienna (and if you don’t, you should). This trip was like almost all of my trips, centered around good food, exploring a city, experiencing it’s art, culture and history — and finding a nice glass of wine along the way.
Over the next few days/weeks, I’ll be posting about key parts of my trip, including:
- United Polaris Club (ORD)
- Swiss International Lounge – Terminal 5 O’hare
- Austrian Airlines ORD-VIE (OS66)
- Hotel Bristol Vienna – A Luxury Collection Hotel
- The Most Instagrammable Places in Vienna
- Steirereck – Fine Dining in Vienna
- Going to the Opera – A Night Out In Vienna
- Standing Room Only Tickets – Vienna Opera House
- Bristol Lounge
- Austrian Airlines VIE-IAD (OS93)
I’d love to hear your thoughts on my trip and get suggestions from you all for my future trips to Vienna. What am I missing? What shocks you that I haven’t seen? Do you have a favorite dessert place you always go?