I think I’m going for gold status with #Starwood this year. Gold status only requires 10 stays or 25 nights at Starwood properties in a given year. The Starwood American Express card gives you two stays and five nights towards this status too.
What does Gold status get you?
- 3 Points/Dollar spent at Starwood Properties (up from just 2 with your general membership)
- 4pm late checkout if available
- An “enhanced room” at check-in, if available. This isn’t necessarily a room upgrade, but could be a room with a better view
- Special customer service phone number for Elites
- A Special Gift at check-in of either complimentary in room internet access or a free beverage
I currently have seven Starwood stays this year (including the two free stays from American Express). While I don’t think these benefits are necessarily worth a “mattress run”, I do think it is good enough to switch some hotel stays from Hilton to Starwood this year. I have one three day trip coming up in December for work. I am thinking about hotel hopping on this trip. My colleagues will be staying at a Hilton near Disney (god forbid). There are a couple Sheratons within 1.5 miles of the Hilton.
If I do this hotel hop, I will start at one hotel for the first night, then switch to a different the second then return to the first for my third and final night. Have any of you hopped between hotels like this to get your status? Was it a pain the neck or totally worth it?
What would you do?
Be the first to know when a new post is published: sign up to receive them via email or directly in your RSS Reader. Follow me on Twitter or Google Plus too!