Once you open the kit you find the following:
- 1 Pair of Ill-Fitting Socks
- 1 Nicely Designed Face Mask
- 1 Comb
- 1 Pair of Soft Ear Plugs
- A Pen (which is always helpful when filling out Customs Forms — why does it seem like I have a pen every day of my life, except when Customs Forms are distributed?)
- A Full Size Tooth Brush, that folds down into itself with a small (tiny) tube of Colgate toothpaste
- 1 Small Pack of Facial Tissue
- 1 Packet of Two Mints
- 1 Packet of Sanitizing Wipes
- 1 Bottle of Moisturizing Lotion and a Lip Balm
I only used the eye mask, as I find the airline socks to be much less comfortable that my own socks. The lotion was fine and wasn’t at all greasy (I tried this once I got home). Neither the lotion nor the lip balm had any real scent (a great bonus).
All in all, the Amenity Kit offered to United’s BusinessFirst passengers is perfectly acceptable. I won’t use most of the items in this kit, but I probably will reuse the canvas bag itself again. The bag also has a little fabric loop inside which allows you to hang it on a hook in the lav or in a hotel room.
What is your favorite airline amenity kit? What makes a good kit in your eyes? What about a bad one? Do you ever use the socks from these kits?
Be the first to know when a new post is published: sign up to receive them via email or directly in your RSS Reader. Follow me on Twitter or Google Plus too!